Articles & Interviews
- The Chicago 7 movie and me - by Judy Gumbo - 10/19/20
- Yippies remember when they ran a pig for president - Story at SFGate.com by Leah Garchik - 9/3/18
- 'Violence Was Inevitable': How 7 Key Players Remember the Chaos of 1968's Democratic National Convention Protests - Story at Time.com by Olivia B. Waxman - 8/28/18
- Pigasus for President - Story on BBC Radio by Sarah Geis - 8/20/18
- Judy on the Chicago Protests 1968 (also appears at the Boston Globe) - (download in pdf format) - 6/6/18
The People Make the Peace
Edited by Karin Aguilar-San Juan & Frank Joyce
In 2013, the "Hanoi 9" activists revisited Vietnam together; this book presents their thoughtful reflections on those experiences, as well as the stories of five U.S. veterans who returned to make reparations. Their successes in antiwar organizing will challenge the myths that still linger from that era, and inspire a new generation seeking peaceful solutions to war and conflict today.
You can preview my chapter, "Vietnam Time Travel," and order the book here, or
by Nancy Walker at Foreword Reviews.
The Sixties Papers: Documents of a Rebellious Decade
Edited by Judith Clavir Albert and Stewart Edward Albert, 1984.
Available on Amazon.
"Even 32 years after its publication, this collection of documents is a marvelous achievement and a wonderful read. Important, crucial and entertaining material is collected in what is a pioneering project to let the 1960s speak for itself."
— Arthur M. Eckstein
Distinguished University Professor, University of Maryland
Author - Bad Moon Rising: How the Weather Underground Beat the FBI
and Lost the Revolution (Yale University Press 2016)